Saturday 14 January 2012

Busy Week

Hello Everyone,

Another week has come and gone. I have made a lot of progress this week I received my 3377 piece embellishment lot this Wednesday. It has a lot of great stickers and features to add to my new scrapbooking pages that I will be making. I have even got things that I have never used before like rub on's, brads and others. I am excited to learn how to use them. My wonderful husband picked up my paper lot I won this morning from the postal outlet. I won 215 pieces of 12*12 scrapbooking paper. I have looked through them and I have some that I am dying to use right away and others that I am not sure how I will use them. I know though with this hobby it is never one that you find you have too much stuff. It is more like you don't have enough. I find that when I am scrapbooking I can always wish I had something else to make the page just right. Last night I did six pages of scrapbooking, and I finished my first album. My scrapbook is actually too full, so I had to expand the spine. Honestly, they should make that easier to do. I spent a good ten minutes trying to struggle with putting my album back together. Finally, I had to get the help of my Buby Man to assist me in getting the album together.
This week I have also picked up my supplies I need for my crocheting class on the 30th. I need a J hook and 2 skeins of red heart soft yarn. I bought a multi-hook set so that if the next project I make if it calls for a different hook I have from a-j. The yarn I got was Toast and Off White and they will look great as a scarf. They will look awesome with my boots that I got for Christmas as they are rusty brown color. So Wednesday night I looked at the things I needed to know prior to my class. I walked through some tutorials and I have successfully taught myself to crochet a foundation chain, single crochet and turn a chain. I was quite impressed with myself. Today I went out and got myself a I taught myself to knit kit. So tonight while I finish my Harry Potter movie marathon I am going to teach myself to knit again. I was taught by my mom when I was little so I hope I can pick it up again easily. I use to make clothes for my dolls or blankets for my toys. Then I got older and it wasn't cool to knit so I put the knitting needles away. I wish I never stopped. Luckily I am jumping back into it and will have many of projects to undertake this year.
Another neat thing I came across this week was that my town has a small crafting store called Lasting Impressions and they do free one on one classes during the day to help people learn new techniques or to help beginners. Unfortunately my schedule conflicts with when the classes are run right now but my schedule may be changing in a week or two, so hopefully I can go to one of the sessions. They also do a crop night on Friday evenings. You go there with your recent project and get together with others that love the hobby as well and they work on their projects you work on yours and you can help each other as well as the scrapbooking instructors are their to help out if you need a hand or want a new idea on how to do things. I may go to this coming Fridays class. I will be late as it starts at 3 and I work till 4:30 but I think it may help. It will also be nice to be with others that enjoy scrapbooking like I do. I want to get my scrapbooking away from the collage type and more into the traditional style of scrapbooking. Do not get my wrong I love my work that I have done but it is always good to learn new tricks and tips to make your pages pop to others so they love them like you do. Well that is enough rambling for today best go bast my turkey. See you soon

No comments:

Post a Comment