Sunday 8 January 2012

One Step Closer

Hello Everyone,

I am successfully one step closer to getting the ball rolling on my New Years resolution. So this week I have been extremely under the weather but I still have some updates for you all. While this week I have won a 3377 piece scrapbooking lot from eBay. It is schedule to get to me on Wednesday January 11, 2011. I am super excited to see what all I got in it. I guarantee that it is about $200 plus worth of items and I only paid $43.65. You have to love that. I am going to be placing a bid on a paper lot tonight so that I have lots of great paper to start my projects with. I have also signed up for Michaels-Discover Tall Stitches of Crochet Class and I am schedule to do that on January 30th, 2012. Look forward to seeing pictures of that. I think that class will be a bit advance for a beginner so I am going to buy the needed supplies soon and teach my self the slip knot, foundation chain, single crochet and turning chain that I am required to know prior to the class. Luckily in this day in age I have found most of these on YouTube. Got to love people posting walkthroughs. I likely won't be jumping into anything to crafty at the beginning of the week but after Wednesday when I get my scrapbooking supplies craft time will commence. I will keep you all posted in my struggles of learning those stitches and all the goodies that I won when they arrive. I also tried to sign up for the Michael's -Spotted Canary Scrapbooking Class but it wasn't being run in January or February so no luck for that. They took my information at the store and they are going to talk to the instructor to see if she can put together a class in the next month or for her to let me know when she will be having the next class. I was going to do it in December but I went to register for it but it is a four week course and I found out about it and the week I was going to register it was week two of the course so I couldn't join. Hopefully the instructor decides to have one start in January or February because that would be awesome. I am really looking forward to doing that class. As I said it is a four week course it includes:

Class 1 Scrapbooking Basics
Learn the elements of scrapbook design.

Tools
Organization
Focal point and matting

Class 2 Building Blocks of Design
Create layouts that complete a balanced and unified story.

Color methodology
Layout design
Principles of element placement

Class 3 Power of the Pen
Explore the influence of type and journaling on scrapbooking.

Creative writing
Decorative pen tricks
Journaling and titles

Class 4 Finishing Touches
Embellish your project with stickers and punch art design.

Finishing a page
Sticker Art
Punch Art

I personally think even though I have been scrapbooking for years I would still learn a lot in this four week course. Hopefully I get a call back soon saying they are going to run one in February. I was also given a great idea from my wonderful aunt (Love you) she suggested I start a journal so that I can see all the projects that I have done in years to come. Not sure if I will do a journal but I might do a photo book/scrapbook type idea. While I am off to get ready for work so that is all for now. Talk to you all soon. (Likely Wednesday)

No comments:

Post a Comment